White Deck Storage Boxes – You can bring more sunlight into a room when you build bay windows. Using a bay window will allow you to use a custom window seat. A custom windows seat can provide maximum storage in the kitchen while a matching kitchen cabinet with open shelving on the angled sides might occupy too much space. Here is a list of tips on how to build a window seat to get extra storage.
• Avoid moving the heating vent below the window. Place the cabinet on top of the base framing and add the floor of the storage cabinet.
• Attach the cabinet into the walls so it would have strength. Make a design that allows the entire opening to be used for storage by sliding pots and pans to either side.
• To match the surrounding of trim and shutters, you may paint the new window seat with semi-gloss white or any glossy color that has the same shade.
• Finish the custom window seat with a coordinated cushion.
Other Places to Build a Window Seat
You probably have a great spot for more storage in your home and just have not yet discovered it. Here are some ideas where to place window seats:
• Any type of bay window is a good place for a window seat. As long as your window seat plan is good.
• Build the seat to fit the space below the window in the attic space with dormers that provide sides. Sometimes it’s only the staircase
available for storage and this kind of seat is suitable in this place.
• Do you have a staircase? Often there is unused space around a staircase or in an upstairs hallway next to the linen closet. If you’ve got a wide hall, maybe you can add 12 to 18 inch deep shelving/cabinets with a window seat tucked in.
• Often, window seats are also built in the bedroom. Children may find it very cozy sitting near the window as sometimes they could concentrate more if they are comfortable. Window seats should also be built with more than enough space for sitting – they should be wider too, just in case you want to settle in an Indian seat position.
Bedrooms with extra space offer an opportunity to build a window seat with bookshelves on either end. Window seats can also be built near the deck too as it offers nice view and very useful when you want to relax.